Friday 13 July 2007

Oh what have I done???

Can someone out there please explain the logic of my actions to me because I am far from understanding them myself:

There I was at the beginning of the week complaining about "too much to do" with a list of all the things I needed/wanted to create - soon! On top of that there are still more end of year things happening with the children, the allotment is zooming out of control and the house looks more like a squat than a home, and as for the garden - is that what you'd call it??? (looks more like the council dump to me!) So what would a sane person do? (I've no real idea as I've never been one) What they most probably wouldn't do is sign up to a Pay it Forward scheme to send 3 handmade gifts around the world! I already have a yarn in a teacup swap to shop for! My only excuse for this sheer madness is that it did say I could take up to 365 days to send these gifts out and knowing me I will be staying up all night on day 364 trying to make them!

I've no idea what I'm going to make and even less of a clue of when I will find time to do it but it did seem like a really nice idea and I get to have something handmade by Leanne of the Stitching Room - she's good!

Another awful thing happened to me this morning - my camera broke! How could I blog without a camera? How could I live without my blog? (in a much tidier house probably!!) Fortunately it has revived and is working once again so now I need to decide what photo to post.

Well, first of all I'll show you the second swap parcel I got from my Scrappy Cabin swap organised by Melly and Me. Debbie had already sent one parcel out and then followed it with this! Gorgeous yummy things and an article on Janet Bolton in the magazine!

Hang on - camera still not working - I'll add the pictures later! (hopefully)

7 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ha! I'm going to be asking myself the same question! But I know what you did -- it was the lure of getting something from someone fabulous! I did the same thing!!! ;-)

est said...

lol! you did just fine! i think this is a side effect of wanting to make something great and wonderful from the `bottom of yr heart` for others! :)

Leanne said...

Hi Lucy, you crack me up I love reading about your life. I am so excited at the moment my son has brought this great camera home from school he is doing year 12 photography(if I could only work out how to use it). I will get him to give me some lessons but he runs out of patience with me as I'm a little slow with technology I generally get there in the end(it just take a little longer), anyway I hope YOUR camera decides it wants to work.

weirdbunny said...

Sorry that I seemed to disappear of the face of the earth!
Life has been hectic. A friend passed away, I also had loads of commitments. School fete, lots of dance practices at church for Gwenny's sunday school presentation. My house also looks like a squat ! The garden is full of weeds as tall as me, and I'm well and truly lacking motivation. Will blog this week, honest, probably tommorow - love Julia x

hannah said...

oh, but swaps are such fun, how is a girl to resist!!! and dont worry about the house, they only get messy again right away, in my experience. hope your camera recovers soon too!!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh to be without your camera, I hope it is sorted soon.
Suzie Sews

piecemaker said...

Hi Lucy,Check out my blogg for this great book Ive found.xxx Helen