Does anyone ever achieve them?
Am I setting myself up for certain failure?
Should I blog about it?
Will you all be bored witless and never read my blog again?
Will I be totally embarrased by it?
Here goes with some resolutions for 2008 - the ones involving losing weight, eating and drinking and spending less and being more organised are almost definitely not going to happen but I keep aiming for them and we can only wait and see, one day they may actually happen!
- Lose weight (ideally about 4 stone!)
- Drink a lot less wine! Just thinking about all the extra hours of creatively productive time I would have if I didn't drink wine in the evenings should be a good enough incentive (sadly that doesn't seem to be the case unless I am really really busy!) I think I will aim for only drinking on Friday and Saturday nights for the month of January. That may be achievable and will almost definitely help with the weight loss!
- Eat more sensibly - the problem is I tend to binge eat if a diet is around!
- Keep the house tidier
- Spend much less money
- Be organised - get up earlier, get ready earlier, be at school earlier etc!
- Spend more time doing things with the children - playing, reading, crafting, cooking etc
- Be more consistent with the allotment - I tend to be either 150% or 0% - I need more balance!
- Also be consistent with my creativity. I think the blog will help with this as it keeps me in constant contact with new ideas but I do find it difficult to be creative and allotment-ty at the same time - probably because I am a 150%/0% type of person!
- Keep my Etsy shop updated - so that I can afford to buy lovely new craft supplies - see resolution no. 5!!!!
- Not spend so much time in front of the computer reading about what everyone else is doing and get on with doing things myself!
- Finally, try to develop some designs of my own. This one is scary! I never feel like I am capable of designing but I think if I give myself some more encouragement something may come of it!
P.S. One extra resolution - for those of you waiting for your PIF gift from me - I promise I will get it in the post to you soon (well, fairly soon!!!!) I haven't forgotten - Christmas orders just got in the way!