Totally and utterly in love...........................
with a PEN!
Aha, but this is NOT JUST ANY PEN! This is the most whizzo-prang-fantasmagorical pen in the world!
My Sulky "Iron-on Transfer Pen" (although it seems to have a rather sunny disposition to me despite its name)
I can happily say that this is the biggest revolution in my crafting life since my quarter inch foot on my sewing machine!
I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!
So do you want to know why? Or have you all been using these for years?
I'm going to guess you haven't and tell you why it is so fab. What you do is this:
1. Choose a stitchery pattern (this one is from Rosalie Quinlan's beautiful book "Gift")
2. Trace it with the new pen onto a piece of paper (which makes it really easy to get all the fine detail - although obviously you would have to reverse any writing/numbers etc)
3. Lay it face down on your piece of fabric - and it can be anything from cotton to linen to thicker osnaburg type stuff or even canvas I guess (which would be impossible to directly trace onto)
4. Iron it with a hot iron
5. Remove paper and gaze in awe at your newly transferred image
6. Be really, really impressed that you can use it again and again on lots of bits of fabric (I did at least 6 prints from one tracing)
7. Have the horrible realisation that you now have to stitch all these copies!
It really is the most fantastic invention and opens up loads of possibilities for stitching on patterned or heavy weight fabric.
So I am definitely in love.
I am also in love with something else.............................
Or rather someONE else............................
which is a good job because we will have been married for 14 years tomorrow
At least it was an easy date for him to remember!!!!
So Happy Anniversary for tomorrow Mr Locket! Thanks for putting up with me for so long!