Wednesday 2 September 2009

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeee!!!!!

Forget about Dot's birthday!

Mine is FAR more important!!!!

Ok, only kidding - I honestly get far more excited about the childrens' birthdays than I do about my own but I still had a lovely day with some lovely presents including this stash of books


(and I have to say that the two craft books are absolutely gorgeous)

All these goodies

(plus some gorgeous Amy Butler fabrics and other treats that my friend Jane has just given me today)

As my birthday treat we went to Corbridge for the day because I really NEEDED to go to RE as I had never been there before. I wasn't disappointed - it was gorgeous:


and these are the treats I bought myself with some of my birthday money


The tin mug is from a little cookshop and I bought one for Mr Locket too, while the HUGE pink French cup and the old printers blocks came from RE. (Poor Mr L couldn't even begin to understand why I would want them!!)

One of my main presents was a new camera that my lovely mummy and daddy gave me money towards earlier in the holiday as I had broken Dot's camera that I used all the time by getting sand in it at the beach. Unfortunately on the day that I bought the new camera we went back to the beach ................................. hmmmm, after a few weeks and a few further beach trips my lovely new camera is no longer working :o(

So I apologise for the appalling quality of these photos that were taken with the cheapest digital camera I could buy so that I can still take pics while my lovely camera goes to hospital. One thing is for sure, using this new cheapo camera makes me REALLY appreciate my other one!

Anyway, I must leave you now and go and sort documents, iron clothes (!!!!) and bite my fingernails even further as I have a "dog" interview first thing in the morning! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhhhhh!

33 comments:

dottycookie said...

Happy Birthday indeed - sounds wonderful! But are you really sure we can trust you with yet another camera? ;-)

All the best for the interview - knock 'em dead, Mrs Locket!

wonderwoman said...

a very happy birthday lucy - what lovely presents! Hope you had a great day.

xxx

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! And good luck with the interview.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your new camera comes back soon!

marit said...

Happy Birthday:-)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!! What a fab bunch of gifts. Good luck for the dog interview! ;)
R x

Patti said...

Happy birthday

Get well soon to the poorly camera.

And good luck for the interview. Fingers crossed. (making it v v difficult to type)

trash said...

Happy Birthday Locket. Was thinking of you all day. Glad you had so many luvverly things to take your mind of the poor sick camera.

Lina said...

Happy birthday Lucy! How many presents?!!

silverpebble said...

Happy Birthday! I'm not sure I've had as many pressies as you have since I was small. I hope you're enjoying some well deserved wine. Now I'm intrigued - what is a 'dog' interview?

periwinkle said...

happy birthday Lucy -- looks like you were well spoilt with all those goodies and I can understand why you would want those letters - me too :-), oh and good luck

Mavis said...

Just a thimbleful,

Naughty girl,cameras and sand just do not mix! Keep a cheapie for the beach. I assume that you are being interviewed as a prospective owner of a dog? If so, lucky you - another person to love and to share your life. I know why you wanted the printers blocks, 'cos I've got my name as well!

randi said...

Happy birthday and best wishes with that interview!

Annie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the dots on your page

Carin said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had an awesome day together!! Would have been lovely. And LOOK at all those awesome gifts! You are lucky!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Leah said...

Happy Birthday. I've just had one too, so you're in great company!!

Glad you had a good day - despite the camera saga xx

Jo in TAS said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!! Can you take a close up off that gorgeous button necklace with your new camera and email it to me, I'd love a better look!
Stop biting your nails!! You'll do well at the job interview!!

Thimbleanna said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY LOCKET!!!! Sounds like you've had a fab day. Good Luck with the DOG!!!

est said...

Happy Birthday!!! fab gifts you got!! :)

jabiru said...

Happy happy birthday... have you ever considered zip lock bags to prevent further sickness outbreaks for new posh camera?

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Happy birthday to you Lucy, you look like you had loads of yummy presents, Enjoy and hugs to you, :-)

katie said...

y birthday sweetie pie - yes I got your email - THANK YOU! have a bit of 'shed time' to celebrate!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a brilliant day!

Jodie said...

another new dog??? How many dogs can one girl have - or is the dog all gone now??? Or is it a slightly different dog at the place???
I had no idea your birthday was coming up- I would have taken "flat Lucy" out for the day....

rachelmp said...

Happy birthday Lucy!!!! Good luck with the interview too

Mrs Moog said...

Happy Birthday Locket!!! I felt quite sick at the thought of your snazzy camera on the beach - hope it gets better soon!

Going to text you right now to see how the dog went.....

xxx

April said...

Happy Birthday!


April xx

Kitty said...

Awww, I didn't know it was your birthday. I'm a bit late. But nevertheless I wish you many happy returns and wish you a wonderful year ahead.

Hope your camera comes back as good as new. I do love my cameras - they have become friends.

How did the new dog thing go?!

x

Ali said...

A belated happy birthday to you - and congrats on the job!

Sheesh, I disappear for a week and it's all change.

JuliaB said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lucy!!! Hope you continued to have a fab time!! xxx

French Knots said...

Hope you had a super birthday!
I'd love to go to RE, but might be dangerous!
I put my camera in a ziplock bag when we were on the beach just to stop any sand getting in - it was sooo windy sand got in every nook and crany so I wanted to protect it.

Leanne said...

and Happy Birthday to you.