Saturday 20 February 2010

Can someone please...............

..............pay me to stay at home and do crafty things with my children?

Pretty please?

Because I really enjoy it.

Even if it does get a bit stressy when everyone is asking me to help them at the same time!

We've really enjoyed making cardboard horses this afternoon using this wonderful tutorial from Ann Wood after seeing Katie's recent creations - we even had two little friends making them with us - and this is our first collection


and here is the current Locket ensemble galloping up the stairs


from the top:
William Wordsworth (Dot), Toffee (Fred),
Ninevah (Daisy - made with a page from a children's bible), Nameless (Me), Sea-shell (Daisy)
Biba (Dot), Babushka (Me), Frank Sonata (Dot)

Even though my hands are aching from cutting out all that cardboard, I can tell that there will be plenty more horses on the horizon - they are so effective!

Meanwhile, the cleaning-little-Lockets have turned into caterers and we have had Cafe Go-Go Food and Cafe Moonlight in operation today.

So far we have enjoyed chocolate milkshakes, ham and cheese croissants and rocky-road muffins and we have been promised more treats tomorrow - I could get used to letting the children do all the cooking - especially when the waitress is so charming


and brings such beautifully presented smiley-face food!

(apparently this is me!)

And there is real cause for celebration today as we finally have a proper mirror in the house!

And a very beautiful one too


With a very beautiful reflection!

21 comments:

Quinn said...

Nice eyelashes you've got there!

And those children of yours make the whole idea of having children seem more and more like a very clever plan.

But "Nameless" the horse?! Someone is falling down a bit on the Creativity front ;)

Mrs Moog said...

What fab ponies! You've certainly made the very most of your week off.

Wonderful food too - I'd have known that face anywhere ;)

xxx

wonderwoman said...

looks like brilliant fun!

x

trash said...

This representation of you should make it easier to spot you during bloggy meet-ups!

Jodie said...

ooh, that reflection ...the mini quilt wall !!!

and I want someone to pay me to stay home and craft...ummm ... by myself...

katie said...

what fabulous horse - they are totally addictive are they not!!!
How about Archie for your hose?
oh - well done Lockets All!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh how fun to see the wall of quilts in the mirror! It looks like you've had a superb week -- cooking and crafting -- what could be better? I love your pretty blue dishes too!

Unknown said...

Love the horses !

Tase said...

I miss the days of crafting at home with the children; enjoy it whilst it lasts! And I agree with Jodie; please let me stay home and craft, too!

(One day I guess I may get to do it with grandchildren, but that is a loooooooong way off yet)

dottycookie said...

Well, I'm glad to see you're not neglecting the cucumbers on the eyes beauty routine ...

Anonymous said...

Yes - payment for staying at home to craft would be delightful - especially if I could also afford to hire a house keeper to do all of those nasty chores to and allow me to become completely submerged in craft land.

Wishful thinking but you've got to dream.

Is that a little tongue sticking out of the croissant mouth? And love the eyelashes :0)

MelMel said...

I miss working from home, I used to be a childminder.....working in a school...being at home is super nice..x

Gina said...

It sounds like you've had a super half term. The horses are great!

Jandi said...

I love the horses!

iHanna said...

Beautiful horse collection you've made, came here from your source of inspiration to check them out. :-)

Helen said...

I can pay you to stay at home and do crafty things . . . . . . . .
just as soon as i've won the lottery, I can also employ you to be my blog guru . . .Love Helen xx

WendyBee said...

Love this post! Made me dream for a bit in my otherwise busy afternoon. Makes me want to go horseback riding, something I haven't done in over 30 years.
WendyBee

periwinkle said...

oh I can't wait until my boys are old enough to clean cupboards and cook meals ....

julie said...

yum - you look good enough to eat in ham & cheese croissants! I love the galloping herd making their way up your stairs - they look a lot of fun to do. Here's wishing you an unexpected cash windfall so your stay-at-home crafty dream can come true!

ladydi said...

Someone should pay you to stay home and write books on how to raise children who volunteer to cook and clean!

Annie said...

Beautiful reflection