Tuesday 15 June 2010

Strange 'Bots and Odd socks

While Daisy's birthday was all about Monkeys with a new sock monkey (made in collaboration with Dot) and big Magoo to match the girls' new bedroom, Fred's had a more "mechanical" feel................

First up was "Mechanobot" by Nelly Pailloux


(although I have to confess that I didn't really understand the pattern for the head so I just guesstimated it)

And then, albeit a few days later than Fred's actual birthday, "Buttons" the Disco-Bot designed by Jodie, danced his way over to join him.


He isn't quite finished as I appear to have lost the felt covered buttons for his "ears" and I have yet to find some good cord for his antennae - but Fred loves him and I love the fact that he stands up on his own!

And Little Mechanobot seems to like him too.


(sorry for the horribly blurry photo)


In the meantime I have also started crocheting a giant Granny blanket - inspired by Moogs of course!


But because I'm not loving the colours and because I'm not finding all those triple crochet repetitions distracting and challenging enough - my mind needs occupying at the moment - I've joined the Moogs/Michaela team and cast on Rhodie Gus. It's a lovely pattern and I'm really enjoying it - especially as it's the first time I've read a chart!


So it is yet another odd sock to add to my collection!

Although I don't think I've ever shown you my fabulous whole PAIR of Jaywalkers!!!


Got to love them!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

fantasticu funky socks!!

dottycookie said...

Oh my stars they zig and zag! You are very clever!

I'm still stuck on the wise hilda's but my arm is playing up AGAIN and it is Not Fair.

Perhaps Mechanobot could fix me?

Michaela said...

Oh I love your Rhodie Gus - isn't it a great pattern? And Dotty Cookie? How on earth can you be stuck on the Wise Hilda's? I'm baffled by that one! Must be down to the arm.

French Knots said...

OMG what amazing jaywalkers! Love 'em Locket!xx

sandra said...

That is one gorgeous pair of socks.!

Lina said...

Looks like you've been highly productive as usual! Do you ever rest I wonder? Love the socks, I'd love to knit these, but just reading the pattern makes my head hurt!

Mrs Moog said...

Look at you with all your fancy sockage!! As you know, I love those Jaywalkers and your Rhodie Gus are going to be fab. It really is a brilliant pattern and I'm so pleased you're joining in :o)

Your Granny Square is lovely. If you're not in love with it enough for your blanket, why not make it into a cushion? It'll look gorgeous.

Last but by no means least....what fantastic robots!! Fred is a very lucky little Locket.

xxx

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Ms. Locket -- you've been a busy girl! Love the pretty new Jaywalkers. AND the Bots! Lucky, Lucky Fred!!!

melanie said...

What fab socks! I am busy making a granny square blanket at the moment too, to put on our settee as a throw, and I am also busy following my very first knitting pattern, for a tea cosy. :) xxx

periwinkle said...

great " bots" Mrs L and well done on the socks , love the jaywalkers..

ladydi said...

And what do you do in your spare time?? LOL These are gorgeous!

Kitty said...

Oh wow - those jaywalkers are the most delicious things I've seen in ages. Love them! Well done you. x

Helen said...

Lush Lucy!! Love Helen xxx

Unknown said...

Love your ziggy socks !

Emma (silverpebble) said...

Those socks are stunning - like harlequin socks Lucy. Sheesh, you knitty types are so bloomin clever.

(To bots) beep whhhrrrr beep