Saturday 2 April 2011

Missing in knitting action

Sorry I've been gone so long.........I've been busy knitting socks and haunting Ravelry forums and my blog has been neglected.  I haven't been reading blogs either so I'm sorry I'm so far behind on commenting.  I think I'm going to have to start afresh from today rather than trying to catch up.

Because I've only been  knitting socks I didn't think it would make for a very interesting blog read but I'm going to show you what I've been doing anyway:

First of all, how's this for a PAIR of lovely socks?


Knit as part of Sock Knitters Anonymous' March Mystery sock Knit Along and designed by Stephanie of VeryBusyMonkey. (Moogsmum managed to knit TWO pairs before I had even finished my first sock!)

I really enjoyed knitting these and waiting for each clue to be published - I even knit both socks at the same time - something I've never done before! And I love the colour - it was christened "Primrose" but I have renamed it Sherbert Lemon.

And I found a better pattern for the lovely wool from Quinn


It's called Cherry Swirls and is a really easy knit - but it's not a "flowing" knit - by which  I mean it doesn't flow easily from the needles like some patterns -  so it has been stuck at this stage for quite a while because I have been distracted by other more interesting patterns. But the wool is lovely and the colour is gorgeous.  (Moogsmum managed to cast on and knit a pair of these in about 5 seconds flat so it's probably just me that has a problem with the pattern! We've come to the conclusion that she is a Knitting-Robot so I no longer need to worry about not being able to keep up!!)

Yesterday I cast on a new sock with some lovely handpainted yarn by Barbara at Ring-a-Rosie - my lovely local wool shop (I've spent a lot of time there lately too!).


I did the ribbing yesterday evening and then spent a lovely afternoon today knitting 5 repeats of the pattern - I'm nearly onto the heel already.  The pattern is called Tadpoles which is nicely-Springly-appropriate - even if I don't have any tadpoles or frogspawn in my allotment pond (I've been spending time up there too!)


And in the evenings I have joined the hoards crocheting an Attic24 Granny Stripe blanket with a gazillion different colours

So I have been immersing myself in woolly goodness and spending more time smiling and a lot less time crying.  All good.

Lucy xxx

24 comments:

French Knots said...

Good to hear from you, very springy coloured knitting! The tadpole design looks really effective and fab in jaunty green.
I've been allotmenting too, trying to get ahead of the weeds!xx

Lina said...

Glad to hear things are more positivte for you!

Gina said...

Love those yellow (sunshine) socks. It's good to see you back... no matter how long you've been away.

Mrs Moog said...

Never mind me being a knitting robot - what about you and all your lovely socks?!

I have severe tadpole envy and may have to cast these on in the morning while Mr Moog is being forced to slave over a hot stove :o)

Your mystery socks are absolutely gorgeous in that yummy yellow yarn. Such a fab pattern.

Excellent woolly post, Locket!

xxx

periwinkle said...

the happy yellow socks are my fave Lucy... lovely to see you again - missed you x

Quinn said...

So much excellent sockage Lucy! Lovely :)

jodie said...

Good to hear you have been indulging in wool therapy Lucy.
I agree Moogsmum must be a knitting robot....

loulee said...

Who said socks are not interesting enough for a blog post? Love that green one. Where did you find the pettern?
All the bright colours in your granny stripe couldn't fail to keep your mood up. ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

So much lovliness going on Mrs Locket! Loving the socks, especially the PAIR of sherbet lemons. I'm very tempted to do an Attic 24 blanket too. Have a lovely Mothers Day :-)

trash said...

Loving that you will be wearing tadpoles in your shoes this Spring.

And I think Sherbert Lemon is a much better name for that colour than soppy old Primrose. Perhaps 'colourway namer' could be a new career Locket?

dottycookie said...

Tadpoles on your feet - should we call the RSPCA?

Lovely to see you back again!

sewkalico said...

Wow, your knitting is great. I am not brave enough to try socks, I think even reading a knitting pattern is beyond me. So kudos to you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lots of gorgeous socks happening at your place lately!! Do the timber feet come in different sizes?

Kitty said...

Sounds like you're doing brilliantly, Lucy. All that yarny goodness is so pretty. I'm going to have to 'try' to do a sock at some point, aren't I?! x

ladydi said...

Socks make a VERY interesting post, and the lemon sherbet pair is divine, as they all are. You have inspired me to bravely try something besides ordinary round and round. :>} Have you planted anthing yet? I was going to plant peas today, but it is pouring rain, so I'll wait. I don't want my seeds to wash away, as they surely would.

Thimbleanna said...

Yipee! Less time crying is a VERY GOOD thing! Your socks are gorgeous. You and Leslie put me to shame with your sock production. Thanks for all the links. I need to start a new pair -- I'd like to try the cherry swirls. (Of course, that's if I remember -- at the rate my memory has been working, I could start a new pair in 10 minutes and forget that cherry swirls was the pattern I wanted to try. Getting old sucks LOL!)

Jane said...

Lovely socks Lucy, Loving the crochet too. Jane x

Mad about Craft said...

So glad to hear from you!

The socks are lovely and so glad you seem to be picking up.

Helen said...

We have tadpoles . . . . but not gorgeous socks!!
Love Helen xx

wonderwoman said...

Wow, am in awe of your socks!! Your crochet looks brilliant too, am feeling the need to start a new crochet project!

xxx

joanie said...

They're amazing! My feet are size 3.5 if you're taking any orders ;)

Leanne said...

You are more talented than me I still have a single sock knitted to the heel started 18 months ago. I have been missing in action also the years seems to be booming past.

. said...

I just LOVE those yellow ones. I think I'd smile all day long if I saw those peeking out of my shoes! LOL.

I still haven't managed to make even a single sock. I just cannot get my head around 4 needles. I can't do it. I guess we have to accept that somethings just aren't meant to be. I'll have to settle for admiring the sock making of other people instead.

xMx

Bobo Bun said...

I can't believe how many socks you've knitted up. I started on sock five times and then gave up. I really want to crack it though. My favourite of all are your lemon pair. The wool is a delicious colour and such a lovely pattern. If you ever get the chance I'd love to know where the yarn is from as it's near impossible to find a good shade of yellow.

Glad to see you blogging.

X