Wednesday 12 March 2014

The last mini quilts

My very late mini quilts  have finally arrived at their destinations and I've had absolutely lovely messages from both Stephanie and Jo who seem very happy with them.



I also included some fabrics from my stash and a little rainbow hexie pincushion.
 

This is the "Spring will come" quilt I made for Stephanie - inspired by this glimpse of a cushion by Blue Elephant Stitches and my own seedling wall quilt that I started last year (and still need to baste, quilt and bind).


And this is the "Spools" quilt I made using the instructions for Thimbleblossoms mini quilt - which is actually quite big so I made it slightly differently.

It's so good to have got them done and I really enjoyed making them and packing up the parcels to send.  I'd like to do some more swaps in the future - has anyone got any suggestions?

9 comments:

Annie said...

Well done Lucy for fulfilling your promise...what a good sense of character you have! I'd do a mini swap with you again any day

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Pleased? I am thrilled with my 'Spring Will Come' mini quilt and everyone is admiring it. The pincushion which I just love is already in my sewing room and reminds me of the link we can make with these swaps. Lucy also gave me some very special 'Bee' fabric along with some other fabrics that have inspired me and I will soon get started with my cutter an sewing machine. Thanks so very much Lucy

Thimbleanna said...

They're beautiful Lucy! I'm so happy that your sewing mojo is BACK!!!!

Quinn said...

Wow, Lucy, you really are back in the groove, sewing-wise! I can't wait to see what your next project will be :)

Jo in TAS said...

I love my spool quilt Lucy, it's perfect and the hexie cushion already has pins in it. The extra fabrics have joined my stash for a future project but some might end up in the charity quilts I help make for sick kids. I'd swap again with you anytime :-)

Twiggy said...

They are lovely, your sewing mojo has definitely returned.
Twiggy x

BIG sister Ally said...

Where's mine?

Leanne said...

Well done you. I must send you a pic of mine hanging proudly in my sewing room.

Kitty said...

Really lovely work, Lucy.