Sunday 2 August 2009

Ooooooh! Fabric shopping!

I had a lovely trip out to The Fat Quarters with my friend Jane yesterday morning so brace yourselves, because there is lots and lots of gorgeous eye-candy coming up!

Because first of all we spotted this beautiful Lecien fabric - with writing on(!!!) my favourite!


I don't know why, but fabric with writing on is my absolute, all-time favourite so this fabric with it's cute pictures too was an obvious winner for me.

But then, both Jane and I went into mega-over-excited mode because there, on the table were some bona-fide, real-life, in-the-flesh, packs of...................

Oh

My

Goodness!


Japanese fabric!!!!!


Proper Linen/cotton blend, gorgeous ecru Japanese fabric!!!

Oh how I squealed!

And look how well all my fabrics go together!

But Jodie, I think we have a bit of a problem. They didn't seem to understand the whole selvedge business! Even when they looked like this!


What on earth is going on?????

And Jod, you know how much I love you?

Loads. Right?

But not enough to send you this selvedge!

Sorry.

What I do need to confess ist that I'd actually just gone along with Jane who genuinely needed fabric to finish a bag for her niece and I only intended to buy this book.


And after buying all that gorgeous fabrics I really should have left the book on the shelf.

But seeing as I had asked Kim to save me one, it would have been rude not to buy it.

Wouldn't it????


I mean, I didn't buy it because it was gorgeous did I?


I was just being polite of course.


Ooooh, but it is lovely!

But I must end tonight on a serious note.

For those of you who think my lovely Pink Sewing Room is a fabulous escape from the Little Lockets I think it is important to show you the view from my door:


Yup. The trampoline with all its bouncy, squealy, laughing noisiness!


Perfect!

28 comments:

Tase said...

Ooh, jealous of your crafty trip! Looked up the shop on the web and it's just a little too far from Wiltshire to make the trip viable.

So not fair ;-)

But enjoy the book & fabrics as I shall - albeit vicariously!

monda-loves said...

love love loving that Japanese fabric Mrs Locket!

Monda
x

Carin said...

ooooohh I love your fabrics so yummy!

Anonymous said...

That's some pretty serious shopping!! Well done!! Squeak Squeak Squeak..... I'm sure you won't hear the trampoline noise after a while!!

LiEr said...

Lucy! Such lovely fabric! Such a productive shopping trip, and of course a person cannot just go out to pick up a book and not buy fabric. I mean, people go to Walmart to buy cereal and buy several yards of fabric. It is how the universe works.

I love the shot of the bouncing Lockets outside your Secret Creative Spot. Clever way to keep an eye on them - at least you know they're not online, clicking away, buying, say, fabric.

Thimbleanna said...

AAAACCCCKKKKK!!!! You mean there's a new Sew Pretty book out??? I must search Amazon! And you always find the BEST fabrics -- you absolutely amaze me. You da bomb Ms. Locket! (And I LOVE those little lockets right outside the door!!!)

jabiru said...

What gorgeous fabrics you found. I can almost hear the squealing from NZ ;-)
Can't wait to see what you create with this new inspiration around - fabrics and a new book!!

Nothing aids creativity like new fabrics accompanied by bouncing, squeaking, noisiness too!

Ali said...

It would have been rude to leave those goodies unpurchased!

And for me, the trampoline would be very handy for bouncing out any sewing mistake induced frustration. I'm such a child, but I can't resist a little bounce when I get the chance.

dutchcomfort said...

What a great trip you had to the fabric store! Love those Japanese fabrics and the book looks fabulous too!

I bet you will miss those little Lockets when they’re back to school...LOL!

wonderwoman said...

lovely fabrics Lucy, i think you were quite restrained really!! and the book just had to be bought!

x

loulee said...

Fantastic shopping trip, what a great haul.
Thats a great way to keep an eye on the little lockets, and still do your own thing.

Unknown said...

Well you certainly don't need to leave your sewing haven to keep an eye on the trampolinists! Love those fabrics - but sadly way too far from Somerset for a visit

ladydi said...

Nice! :>}

Rachel said...

Oh, I'm so cross you've got a copy of that book! (not cross with you of course, just with ruddy Amazon who I had pre-ordered it from only to get an email this week saying delivery would be delayed!! NOoooo!). Anyway, very lovely fabrics missus, and the view from your sewing room did made me laugh!
:)

Mama said...

Need.

That.

Book.

!

julie said...

wow, you really hit the jackpot with those wonderful fabrics! They're all gorgeous and go perfectly together. I love the view from the pink paradise - we have a trampoline dominating the garden too and I'm very familiar with the squeaky, giggly noises that go along with it - nice 'music' to work by!

est said...

wow!!! pretty fabrics!!!!!

periwinkle said...

love those fabrics - especially the stripey one . I had that book on order from Amazon and I got an e-mail the other day to say they were having publisher problems!!! Think I'll get in touch with FQ instead

Michaela said...

Well my favourite is the pictures and writing fabric. But I love it all really. Even love your nice quiet peaceful view!

Helen said...

Looks like a great book Lucy . . . I look forward to seeing your creations.
Love Helen x

Sew Create It - Jane said...

hmmm all those purchases are going to fit in nicely with your new pink room :o) You'll be creating in no time!!

Jane said...

The fabrics look fantastic and the book looks good too. Happy Holidays jane x

joanie said...

You lucky girl! All those pretty fabrics stocked up on AND your pink sewing room. I love squeals don't you!?!

quiltygal said...

Oh Japanese fabric is good isnt it I treated myself last week to three pieces( half metres) lovely will post a pic on sunday yummy waiting for the Tilda book to arrive here so I can politely aquire it..well I have to help out the economy dont I???...you need blinds in your pink room then with the door shut & the blinds down you can forget you have any children at all !!!!

Mrs Moog said...

Ooh - I just got that book today from Amazon! It's very lovely. Not sure if I'll be making any of it but it's very pretty.

Yummy fabrics. I love the colours all together. A very worthwhile fabric shopping trip Locket :)

xxx

Mavis said...

The sight of those lovely fabrics makes me want to go back to Patchwork!

Leanne said...

Thanks for that Lucy I didn't know Tilda had a new book out it's just what a needed NOT. I love those Japanese fabrics I wonder what you pay for them in England. Just catching up on your lovely pinkness what a lovely crafting space I love my stitching room. I smiled when I read 2 miles in 20 minutes it reminded me of trips to the beach on warm days.

May Kristin said...

You got yourself lots of wonderful stuff! Enjoy!