Thursday 22 April 2010

Rag Bag

Today's is a rag bag post full of lots of pictures from the last couple of weeks (but hopefully not too much wittering!)

At the very beginning of the Easter holidays I read this post and swiftly organised the Lockets for a day trip to visit Katie's wonderful new shop

It is all looking fabulous and there is also a wonderful bakery/cafe on site where we had a delicious lunch. I just wish it was a little nearer - although it is probably better for Katie's sanity that it is too far away for me to move in on a daily basis! ;o)


We saw this fabulous rainbow on our way home - you can't really tell from the photo but the end of the rainbow was just near the wall - unfortunately there were no pots of gold or greedy leprecauns to be seen!

The children had a lovely holiday with trips to the beach, Easter Egg Hunts in Granny and Grandpa Dog's garden and pottery painting as well as trips to the cinema, visits to friends and far too many hours in front of the telly or on the Wii.
And here is Fred dreaming of ice-cream at the beach............iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice-creeeeeeeeeeeeeeam!

Lovely Diana sent me this gorgeous apron with apples on one side and sewing notions on the other and Daisy says I have to mention the gorgeous girl modelling it!

We've been to the allotment (a bit) and it is looking a little better (especially as my friend Bernie has taken over a couple of beds to help me out). Hopefully the childrens' new wigwam/den for beans will encourage them to help out a bit more as there will be plenty of room for them to hide in there once all the plants grow.


And I've managed to do some of my sewing, although not as much as I would have liked.


But I can't show you the main sewing project I achieved just yet...................!

However, the most important event of this week has been the start of my new job........... I know it's early days but I can honestly say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!

18 comments:

dottycookie said...

Ah, so glad the new job is going well!

I think our holiday was a lot like yours. We're anxiously awaiting the results of the pot painting we did!

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

Ah, so pleased you are liking your new job.

Heleen said...

Lovely rainbow you spotted! good to hear it's going well with your job. Lovely post!

Gina said...

It sounds like a lovely busy but relaxing holiday.
So pleased the new job is off to a good start!

wonderwoman said...

how lovely to enjoy going to work!!! looks like you had a great hols!

x

Anonymous said...

Whoo - you've had a busy time! Really pleased to hear that the new job is going well. The trips out look great - I think I took my children to that same pottery place last year. Gorgeous apron and beautifully modelled. Your sewing projects look great too - loving the colours in the pin wheel blocks.

What are the bricks for at the base of the wigwam? Is it to stop weeds or do you plant a pea in each hole on the bricks - I'm curious :0) - I just bought some tomato plants and will be setting some peas away soon - if the dogs don't dig them up!! We've had two shrubs uprooted in the last couple of days so I think I'll have to be crafty where I plant them.

Take care Lucy - great action packed post x
Shell x

Jane said...

Good luck with yournew job Lucy. Your quilting squares look wonderful. Jane x

Jodie said...

Lucy I am so glad you are loving the new job (dog). and far out your kids are growing..I feel like an odd estranged Aunty noticing their growth.....

dragonfly said...

Good to hear you are loving the new job!

Love the new header too - I love making mosaics.

sewtakeahike said...

I'm glad you're loving your new job Lucy! Ok, I can't wait any longer! I neeeeeeed to see your chair all quilted up!

ladydi said...

The beach looks like fun! These holidays sound like the best yet. I'm sooo glad you love your new job. It's much more fun to get up in the morning when you love where you're going.

Thimbleanna said...

Yipee! The new dog is lookin' good! And the children are looking so gorgeous and happy -- sounds like you had a wonderful break! Can't wait to see those pinwheels finished! (Do you think I could get any more exclamation points into this comment?) !

French Knots said...

So glad the new job is a goodie! Looks like you've been having a super time, such a great time of the year for the beach.xx

silverpebble said...

Hurray for the new job love!

I adore that bean wigwam den wotsit. I have a thing about making dens for the girls at the moment and that one's going to be especially beautiful when the beans flower.

Your sewing is just fabulous.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous rainbow...obviously a good sign! Love the patchwork you are working on...very seasonal colours!

And excellent news about your job..sounds perfect!

Little House By The Sea said...

Glad you like the new job, what are you doing?
Looks like the Little Lockets have had a fun holiday.

S x

julie said...

great to hear that you're loving the new job and lovely to catch up on your busy easter hols - you certainly packed a lot in!

American Quilter's Society said...

We're so glad you have a job you love, you know what they say, "If you love your job you'll never work a day in your life."

Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog, we have enjoyed reading it. Keep up the beautiful work!

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com