Sunday, 27 May 2007

"Daisy's" 7th Birthday

The Birthday Girl

"Dorothy" (9), "Daisy" (7 today!) and "Fred" (4)

This is Olly - made for Daisy by her lovely big sister!

She loved the presents from her little brother too!

and finally....
The Princess and the Pea

the pea is there too (honest!) - one less planted at the allotment! Seven mattresses - one for each year - with lovely top-stitching from my new machine!

An exciting day today - although the old ones are a bit tired as we were up til about 1am finishing off presents, wrapping, tidying and putting up the bunting, then we got up at 6.30 to open the presents!


Mrs Martin said...

Loved the little doll and her mountain of quilts. Daisy is a lucky girl. You'll all sleep well tonight after such a big day.

weirdbunny said...

Happy Birthday daisy !!!

The princess and the pea doll and bed set is adorable, but you forgot to show us the pea !

I might make a set to put in my daughters dolls house - love Julia x

Thimbleanna said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to Daisy! And what a lucky little girl -- the princess and the pea set is too cute -- I'd love to be able to remember that idea the next time I need a little girl gift!

Juliann in WA said...

I just love that little doll and doll bed. So very Princess and the Pea.

Knot Garden said...

Looks like they all had a lovely time. The doll's bed is adorable - any little girl would love that! I recognise the Laura Ashley fabric with pink roses. My two girls had that print on their bedroom wallpaper when they were small:)

lazylol said...

Happy Birthday to your girl! The princess and the pea set is so beautiful!

picklesticks said...

I just found you via Melly & me. I love all the projects you have been doing. Especially the Janet Bolton inspired pictures!

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

Hi from the other Lucy Locket! What a coincidence that we both chose the same name, not sure if it'll cause any confusion! I might rename my blog, I've got a couple of ideas and it won't be difficult to do. Hope you get as much fun from yours as I have.