Thursday 3 May 2007

Inspired by Janet Bolton




Having seen Weird Bunny's pictures of her version of Janet Bolton's My Grandmother's Patchwork Quilt I thought I would post the pictures I did of the children a year or so ago. The two of the girls are directly from Janet Bolton's In a Patchwork Garden, but the little boy is my own design. They all really suit the characters of my little ones and I have used some old clothing for some of the fabrics. I love Janet Bolton's style and wish I had her talent for design. I met her a few years ago at the Country Living Spring Fair and she was really nice too!

The colours have not come out very well in the photos but photography has never been my top skill!

I've had a lovely sewing day at The Fat Quarters with my nine year old as her school was closed today for polling and I'm out for a sewing night with my friends tonight - what a great day!

9 comments:

weirdbunny said...

These are fantastic !!! I'll put a link to them tonight when I post my blog. Http://www.gentlytiptoe.com whent on one of Janet Boltons day courses. I'll look through your blog now, I have a cuppa by the side of me so I shall enjoy ! - love Julia x

Juliann in WA said...

These are lovely. I have the Noah's Ark book and have put that project on my list to do. Thanks for the email. I will be back to you this weekend. This week at work has been really busy.

hannah said...

These are lovely. so sweet that they are of your children too. Did you see the flickr group, we would love you to join, I see you are new to blogging (or to blogger anyway) but flickr is really cool, lots of people use it alongside their blog, and it is free to set up and easy to use, so come on, join up!

keslyn said...

Your applique blocks look great and so glad you are part of the 365 challenge, you journalling looks good. I am loving it, haven't posted a photo of mine as yet but will do so soon.
What a fantastic idea of Leannes, she is a real inspiration.
Kerry

Jane said...

I came over here from Julias - and echo her sentiments, they are fantastic - and to make it even better you have obviously framed them, not stuffed them into a drawer to be dealt with at some future date as I tend to.

I love the pics of your allotment too.
J

DIANA said...

very good works!!!i like Janet Bolton too!!ciao from Italy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I tried to leave a comment a few days ago but forgot my google password! Melly has since reminded me. I love your Janet Bolton inspired blocks! they are awesome. Good luck to you for your diet also! I recon we could start a blogging biggest loser! lol.

weirdbunny said...

Are you going to put your Janet Bolton inspired peices on the flickr group ?

http://www.flickr.com/groups/341946@N20/pool/
If You don't know how to put them on, leave a comment for Hannah on her blog
http://gentlytiptoe.blogspot.com
as she set the flickr group up. I know she'd love to see these peices on there - love Julia x

two bones and a bagle said...

Hi just browsing around your lovely blog when I saw your Janet Bolton inspired quilts. I have been on a two day workshop run by Janet it was fabulous = she really is a lovely lady. She kindly let me take some of her scrap fabic to incorporate into a hexi quilt i made.