1. Spending your lunchtime crocheting certainly brightens up the day at work
2. It takes me 15 minutes to crochet each granny square and a full 6½ minutes to do the cream border. I know. I've timed it. I'm pathetic.
3. My sewing room was a mess.
4. An hour spent out there tidying with Dot quickly sorted it.
5. There are pretty quilts to be finishing.
6. And exciting new mini squares of fabric to play with but two weeks have passed since it was tidied and I haven't been out there once.
7. Selecting a sixth form for Dot isn't easy work.
8. Joining these squares together isn't quite as neat as my other blanket but I like the way they look like tiles that have been grouted in place.
9. Choosing which colour to crochet next is a very pleasant and distracting past-time but it isn't quite taking the edge off worry about jobs and money today.
10. I've now lost 4 stone but I think I will be joining Fred in "chocolate day" after school - and we're not talking about Weightwatchers chocolate today - it's going to be the real deal.
Edited to add....