I don't know if you've noticed how nice I've been to you all lately?
I haven't subjected you to a Lucy Locket to-do-list for ages!!!!!
But as the chaos in the house is building up to truly embarrassing proportions I reckon it's about time I did something about it - and how better to tackle this humungous task than with an equally humungous list?
My VERY BIG SISTER Ally always says I should break things down into manageable bits like "pick 10 things up and put them away" so I will do a 10 point list for today.
- wash up
- put washing on
- make toad-in-the-hole batter, peel spuds and find veg for the children's supper
- quickly tidy sitting room (it will take DAYS to make it look decent!!!)
- finish finding homes for the books displaced during the big dining room rearrangement
- tidy sewing table
- empty middle part of the was-a-computer-cupboard-but-now-full-of-sewing-stuff cupboard
- try to fix the collapsed shelf in the aforementioned cupboard that gave way under the weight of all my lovely Australian craft magazines
- design and cut out a simple doggy softy for my friend's gorgeous little girl
- iron a few clothes (I know! It's amazing! Because I never, ever, ever iron clothes - but I've got some nice new ones that would look so much better ironed so I may have to break the habit of a life time!)
- collect fabric from closing down shop
- post parcel to Jodie and Annie
- hoover Daisy and Fred's bedroom because we can finally see the floor again!
- tidy hall and hoover hall and stairs
- waste hours reading all your lovely blogs instead of tidying
- compulsively check my newly updated blog for comments again losing valuable tidying time
- contact the delivery office to get them to send me my parcel again
- do a sneaky extra layer of papier mache on Dot's model because it looks like it is never going to harden
- wish I was sewing instead
- work on my CV
- Ring up for some job application forms and maybe ring some temping agencies too
- help the children make some chocolate crispie cakes after school
- swear (silently) a lot because the internet won't connect so I can publish this post
Ok, so that's slightly more than 10 - but then think how good it will look if I actually get some of it done!!!
Today's post has been illustrated by Daisy Locket - love her new style!
And before I go I need to show you two presents that arrived in the post recently:
First of all my gorgeous notetaker that I won on Nicolette's recent giveaway by guessing that she was going to make a rainbow hexagon quilt
I put it to use immediately - I just love the fabrics and the pockets are really useful!
I hope you appreciate how I colour co-ordinated the pens to match the fabric! Thanks so much Nicolette - I love it!
And then this arrived from my lovely Lesley-friend
apparently I may at times want to smack the author but there is loads of jolly good common sense in there too! So maybe I will be able to lose 3 stone before the Country Living Fair after all!!!!
But I'll leave you today with this photo of Fred enjoying some corn on the cob fresh from the allotment!
P.S. Wish me luck for my interview.......................!