Tuesday 6 January 2009

2008 in pictures part 1

I have been inspired by some of the "2008 in pictures" type blogs that I have seen around in the last few days and so have created a few collages of each month in the Locket household.

Unfortunately my photography skills are very poor - basically I just pick my camera up and press the button - no thought or composition I'm afraid.

But I have done the collages anyway because they are a fun reminder for myself of the key points of last year in my bloggy/crafty/family life.

January 2008
the month of sock monkeys, Loosley crafting, owls, potatoes chitting on the kitchen work bench, the first batch of bunnies, and the launch of the first Lucy Locket swap for Valentine's day.

February 2008
cold walks on the beach with ice-cream to warm us up, Valentine's day, the start of the wallet production line, Fred's soon-to-be-patented-sewing-needle-finder, gorgeous bookshops, lovely gifts and the launch of the Bunny-Hop-Bunny-Swap.

March 2008
all about knitting, learning to crochet, bunny overload, meeting wonderful bloggy friends in London, pencil rolls, mad stripey-Locket designs, shopping with my little girl who looks oh, so very grown up

April 2008
mahoosive dolls, the ladybird club, tending the allotment (must go back there again someday soon!!!), the MAHOOSIVE mini-quilt swap, meeting local bloggy friends, finishing my first (and to date, only) "pair" of socks

21 comments:

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh lovely.... I like to have a peek back at all you have been up too.... Happy New year

Gina said...

Wow! So much happened when you look at it all together. It brought back lovely memories of our first bloggy meet up!

Thimbleanna said...

This is awesome Lucy! I love how you've collaged every month -- what a fab idea. That only works when you've been as productive as YOU have!!!

Kitty said...

Oh my - I remember so many of those pictures, which shows I was 'here' all through last year with you. Your swaps were the first ones I got brave enough to try - and were without exception, lovely. And there is the dolly you made me in your giveaway. She sits on our computer table, and is admired every single day.

x

Mrs Moog said...

Now that, missus, is most impressive! Especially as I noticed one or two of my bits in there ;-)

Fab collages Lucy and a fitting reminder of an extremely crafty year!

xxx

Homemade by Margy said...

I love the idea. Hi Lucy, I saw that you visited my blog and that you are my partner is the FQ swap.
Friday, we leave on skiholiday for a week but when we return I will prepare my parcel. Do you have any likes/dislikes?
Groetjes, Margy

Jane said...

Happy Memories. Jane x

Attic24 said...

These are great, I think you sell yourself short re the photography...it looks like 2008 was a really hppy, fun, creative year, well the first four months any road....will be back for next installment!
Lx

dottycookie said...

I think your pics are lovely - but was the Ladybird club really April? Eeeeeek!

Ali said...

Those mosaics just ooze joy - can't think of a better quality in a photo.

Annie said...

LOVE love love seeing Fred hooked on reading! Great photos lucy! How do you make those wonderful collages. I need to do some!!! What a great summary of the year. I was especially tickled by the icecreams on the beach with your coats on.

Kellie said...

What great memory photos Lucy! And I must say that doesn't it make your heart sing to see your kids reading!!!!!

hetty said...

Great idea! Is it difficult to put them altogether like that? Do you need a special program?

sewkalico said...

This is a lovely idea. And the photos look great!

Lina said...

I like the word mahoosive too. May 2009 be as productive as 2008!

corry said...

This is a lovely way to remember a very productive year! Great idea and great pictures too!

Heleen said...

I love how you did these pictures!
I remeber a lot of these pictures too. Great memory pictures!

Little House By The Sea said...

What lovely pictures, I cant believe another year has gone by.
I am desperate for ideas for my 10 year old DD birthday, any ideas. It is not until next month but I need time (lots of it).

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't believe some of those pictures were taken so long ago - it seems like only weeks since you blogged it!

Time flies when you're crafty, obviously ....

;)

wonderwoman said...

brilliant pics - i bet they bring back loads of lovely memories - have not mastered that skill yet - yet another one to get trashy to show me - when she finally comes back!

xx

Greedy Nan said...

When in the world did you find the time to breathe? Me, jealous, maybe just a bit ...