Wednesday 7 January 2009

2008 in pictures part 2 and 3 - BUT FIRST...................

More photos from 2008 - but first you MUST go here - it's too funny for words! Apparently I got my wish and went to the fabulous "let's meet Trashy" bloggy gathering in Ballarat!

May 2008

more fabulous quilts - the wall is becoming fuller; little locket sewing and knitting (with books, needles and patterns from Quiltdude), Daisy's birthday trip to the Lakes, the allotment beginning to show life, learning the new crochet skill of amigurumi

June 2008
Fred's birthday, Dorothy's first school trip away from home - and her return to lovely hugs from her little siblings and a nice tidy bedroom! Lovely sewing by Dot too!

July 2008
the month I learned how to ripple, yet more bunnies, flat scones, ladybird club dolls, a glut of strawberries and jam from the allotment and even more quilts sent and received

August 2008
Dorothy's birthday this month! Mad quilts and sock monsters along with sensible quilts and gifts and a wonderful Russian doll swap

September 2008
My birthday now! Lots of parcels and gifts, playing with Charlie's gocco machine, getting my very own Mr Pigeon, Granny and Grandpa's new puppy, and a very overgrown allotment

October 2008
A fabulous trip up to Edinburgh to meet the wonderful Thimbleanna, Halloween, Dotty's baking, AND GETTING A DOG (job)!!!!!

November 2008

London again - meeting lots of lovely mad friends, my magic sewing pen and happy anniversary to us!

December 2008
Sewing, sewing, sewing, sewing and a bit of knitting thrown in for good measure!

For Christmas you need to go here.

So I hope you don't mind that I have bombarded you all with photos!

A few of you have asked how I did the collages - well I downloaded the free photo programme Picasa from the internet and making collages is one of the many functions. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. I wish I was a better photographer but unfortunately I don't wish it enough to learn how to use a camera properly - ooops!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that you got to go to the big meet lol--- your pics are great , I don't think you appreciate just how much crafting you've done until you see it altogether like this - you definately had a busy year

Kate Quilts said...

I could make a similar photo mosaic for the whole year, not one for each month. You've done so much.

Plus, I got my favourite mini-quilt and met someone really nice through your swap. :o)

Thanks and well done, you.

Thimbleanna said...

Great pics Lucy! That Ballarat post is hysterical -- I love your braids LOL! I think you should name 2008 your year of the mini-quilt!

Kitty said...

Blimey, travelling to Oz looks like it has the effect of making you look younger! How cool is that?!

Lovely collages Lucy - so nice to look back through your year and see all the wonderful things you made and did.

x

Gina said...

Your pictures look fabulous to me... off to follow that link now (I know you said to do it first!)

Gina said...

Me again... that was just so funny!

Jenny said...

Lol!! Glad you got to go!!!!Great photos and yes we LOVE Picassa:)

Rachel said...

That's so funny, it made me laugh out loud! Love the photo mosaics, I always wondered how it was done so I shall go and download that Picasa thing pronto!
:)

ladydi said...

How fun to see that you made it to the blogmeet! I am so happy to see that I'm not the only one with a wall of small quilts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy, don't think we have met officially but I'm emma from Ballarat Patchwork. I spent the day with you at the blogmeet, taking care of you, feeding etc.
Funny day, we all had a great time! Feel like I know you already.....em

Little House By The Sea said...

My you do get to travel Miss Locket !! The pictures are so funny, I had to take a second look.
Sarah x

Mrs Moog said...

I still can't believe you posted yourself all that way to crash Trashy's party!!

Great collages Locket - you've made so many lovely things. Wonder what 2009 will look like?

xxx

Leanne said...

What a great way to remember the past year. You should print them out and put them in a journal.