Tuesday 6 November 2007

Look who's here!

Hooray Hooray Hooray!
Look who arrived today!

Does this give you a clue?

First a beautiful parcel kindly brought by the lovely postie!

with lovely little parcels inside - including sweeties!
(Do I have to tell the children?)


But look what was inside the biggest parcel....

"Where am I???"

My very own squashed Monkee - HP4

What had that Monkee Maker done to you?
He seems to have settled in well - look he's smiling!

In fact I think he may have settled in too well....................
Didn't you teach your monkees any manners MM?


But what he liked best of all was a cuddle



And the chance to look down on 007 at last!
Ok MM, I know I said I was buying him for Dot's Christmas present. But how could I leave him stuffed in a bag 'til then? It would have been cruel! He has now be re-designated as my one day late Wedding Anniversary present (to myself!)

P.S. Ignore the dates on the photos - camera being v. silly!

16 comments:

Mrs Moog said...

)doGHee hee hee - it's started then? They look at you with those soulful googly eyes and before we know it the Monkees will take over the world - today blogland, tomorrow the world mwaah ha ha haaaa.
Sorry gotta go, someone's after the banana's again!!

dutchcomfort said...

So it was your birthday yesterday?! Happy belated birthday Lucy! Your monkey sure needs some discipline!

Pat said...

What a cute monkey. How could you possibly give him away with that smile on his face. He looks quite happy to stay where he is. Happy anniversary and enjoy your present.

Patti said...

Wow. Looks to be settling in just fine in the frozen north. Happy anniversary for yesterday.

Jane said...

HP4 looks happy to see you, perhaps he was destined to be your monkey. The children can't give him alcohol?! They could feed him muffins and bananas though. My Gran came from Hartlepool so i thought the idea of the penny inside a bag was a northern custom, perhaps not.

Anonymous said...

hiya
lovely monkey who is it really for? i know what you are like!!

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

Monkee Maker said...

Fab photos!!

Glad you mentioned the whole I-know-this-was-meant-to-be-for-xmas-BUT thing as I was just about to pick you up on it!

It's great seeing my little creations slowly taking over a little slice of blogland :)

I hope you'll all be very happy together ..... just keep an eye on your drinks cabinet!

Monkee Maker said...

ps. Happy Anniversary for yesterday!

(sorry - got a tad distracted by the monkee there!)

pink-petal-designs said...

orrrr, hes lovley.Happy anniversary.

hannah said...

ooh, you lucky thing, I love those monkeys!!!!! He looks like he will be right at home with you. Thankyou for the wallet, I have been so behind myself I havent even emailed to say they arrived, but they did, and I love it, and am using it everyday now!!

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- that's hysterical! I love the chandelier photo -- looks like there's now mayhem in your little abode!

Nicky said...

Oh he is sooo cute and cheeky! I don't blame you for claiming him for yourself, who could resist that face!

Just Original said...

The monkey looks very well settled in your house!

Just order another one if you like him so much!

est said...

the monkey is so cute!!any name for him?!happy anniversary!!! :)

Kae said...

Belated Happy Anniversary :D Of course you had to claim him for yourself; who could resist those googly eyes? Awwww... :D

~x~

My Paper World said...

Great pics!