Thursday 8 November 2007

What I've been up to

(My new quilt curtain from Alison - definitely keeps the cold out!)
I've been doing my usual trick of being far too busy with orders to get on with the day to day housework, shopping, being organised stuff - but then messing around and not actually getting on with the sewing! So nothing is being achieved!

I think I was in such a rush last week to get things made for the Saturday craft stall that I have relaxed a bit this week and done a lot less than I should have done! Next week I will no doubt feel very stressed with the craft fair on Thursday evening.

I did make this bag yesterday and am planning a larger one - although that does mean buying a little bit more fabric.......................!
I need to unpick the corsage and make it into a brooch as the bag is fully reversible - velvet on one side and printed tafetta on the other - quite grown up for me!!!

And this is a photo of a photo of a bag I designed and sold a the weekend. My camera batteries ran out so a friend took a photo of it that she gave me yesterday.And my fabric from Hancocks has just arrived. The blues are to make a quilt for my Mummy! I was going to make her one from a couple of Chelsea Boutique charm packs but when I saw these blues I knew they were far more "her" (and she agreed!) When I will actually get it done is another matter as she and dad are still waiting for a chicken fleece blanket I started about 5 years ago and a stitchery I designed for Mum's 70th birthday present 2 years ago!

Finally a photo of a Janet Bolton picture I made for my friend's 40th a while back
This is her original design from her Patchwork Folk Art Book:So mine is pretty much a direct (not as good) copy but I used fabrics from my friend's children's clothes for many of the little pieces to make it personal to her and the book is a "how to" so I hope that it's ok! Interestingly, this is the version I made about 12 years ago when her book first came out so you can see how my work has developed!

18 comments:

trash said...

mmmmm, loving the idea of quilted curtain. Perhaps I need one to go across the front door and keep the mean old winds away this Winter?

Also that taffeta? Loving it lots. Where was it from? (She asks with great intention but little chance of doing anything in reality!) :-)

Monkee Maker said...

And I'm loving your grown-up bag .... tres chic!

Mrs Moog said...

Oooooh, that bag is gorgeous! Why on earth would you want one of mine? (NOT fishing for compliments BTW!).
Gotta go DH is pouring the wine - again!!!

Leanne said...

Great Bags - Stop worrying about the house work it will still be there next week. A friend has just bought a Jane Bolton book they look quite interesting.

Knot Garden said...

Wow, you're always so busy - but everything you make is so lovely!

Thimbleanna said...

How can you say nothing is being achieved? Sure looks like a lot of fabulousness is getting done to me! ;-)

Nicky said...

Wow you sound so busy! Those bags are lovely, the velvet taffeta one will definately be popular because it could be used for evening and day! Hope you get stitching again soon,
Nicky

Jane said...

What lovely bags, especially the taffeta one.

Lissa Jane said...

Lucy
you have outdone yourself again.. I like the quilted curtain, but does that mean you have to actually finish a quilt to turn it into a curtain???
I loves your bags too, you have surprised me yet again, how do you bloomin' find time???

Lissa
off to cruise ebay... *suddenly realising where my time goes*

PS where did you find the monkey and is there a pattern available???

Gina said...

So many beautiful things Lucy... love the Janet Bolton picture. I totally know what you mean about having lots of projects to finish, using that as an excuse not to get on with housework (doesn't need much of an excuse)... and then not getting the sewing done either! You described my day perfectly! Still nothing like a deadline to get you panicking!

Jodie said...

You are one seriously busy woman !! you are scaring me.

Patti said...

You've been a very busy bee. Love the bags. The quilt curtain seems a good idea in the wind we have today. I'm off to dig out my sewing machine.If you see the air turning blue it's me and the ******* tension wheel having discussions again. (Pah - I spit in the face of housework)

Anonymous said...

Lucy, I have now decided that you have completely lost your marbles (what few you had left!) and would like my many orders before the kids they are intended for leave school (at 16!). Loved the photos of Cheeky Charlie he will soooooooooo fit into your home with your lovely family who always make me feel completely welcome and at home they will all love CC and he could not have found a better family - BUT get sewing........... love Krish x

Juliann in WA said...

Have you seen Janet Bolton's new book? It isn't available in the states yet.

Anonymous said...

Love the bag. Put it on Etsy quick sharp and you will soon be able to employ a cleaner! All your problems solved - Ha Ha.

Anonymous said...

lovely bag aunt. it is good to have a reversible bag and a "rose" that clips on!
emma
(p.s mum had to tell me it was a rose)

est said...

i really love the patchwork! and so lovely for frame!

weirdbunny said...

Oh Lucy you must put them on Gentlytiptoes Flikcr site for Jb stuff ~ love Julia x