Thursday 3 February 2011

Poor photos but lovely presents

Once again I need to apologise for the state of my photos - my camera doesn't seem to have a flash (it's second hand so I can't really complain) so all my photos at the moment have a horrible soupy yellow quality.

But I have had some lovely things to photograph including some fabby presents from very kind bloggy friends.

The first from Jodie who sent me the very arduous task of pattern testing the lovely Baxter (woohoo! can't wait to get started!) along with this gorgeous make-your-own-bunting panel


(I can see all the printed instructions being included like selvedge in my spiderweb quilt and quilt as you go panels once the bunting is made)


and this adorable tape measure and badge - I'm definitely happy with a world where craft is the new black!

Then this week I received a parcel from the lovely Michelle who had made me this beautiful sewing kit to cheer me up

all I can say is that it worked a treat!  I love it! 

And I also loved the chocolate and sweeties that came with it!

Thank you both very much xxx

I made a concious effort last week to knit instead of crying and by the end of the week I had a very beautiful sock instead of a manky pile of soggy tissues.



I can't claim that it worked ALL the time but knitting certainly helped and I have now cast on the second sock (don't faint!) and have also cast on this cowl so I have plenty of distraction therapy to hand.  So why didn't I knit today instead of feeling sorry for myself?  Stupid girl!  Off to find that knitting bag............

Lucy x

17 comments:

periwinkle said...

lovely pressies Lucy , not surprised they cheered you up . I recently got diagnosed with an under active thyroid , have you had yours checked? Hope you've got your knitting bag out, would be a crying shame to have just one of those lovely socks x

trash said...

A second sock Locket?? *swoon* I wait with bated breath.




(Jodie? HA! ;-)

dottycookie said...

More socks! More socks! We need to see more socks!

Glad the knitting is helping :-)

Gina said...

You can't beat a bit of knitting therapy... especially with socks that gorgeous. Gosh Lucy... you might even end up with a pair!

Anonymous said...

Yes!!!! Your beautiful sock needs a sock friend - only one sock would be a very lonely sock indeed (they are much happier when they are paired up with their 'sock for life' and you don't want to come home and find current sock on the computer at confusedsock.com.... knit.... quickly :0) Plus one foot would get very cold :0/

loulee said...

I lurve that sock.
Good to see you having an up day. :-)

The List Writer said...

Oh, I've been looking for a good cowl pattern for ages, and I LOVE that one!

Knitting certainly calms the mind. I find it almost meditative. Good work! xx

French Knots said...

The printed bunting is wonderful, what a super idea. Keep knitting!xx

silverpebble said...

That is one of the prettiest socks in the entire WORLD. Cabely, pinky, purply, perfect. Now quick, knit the other one!

Bum about the continued need for hankies Locket. I'm thinking of you x


OK, word verif is SOCKING. So, if you don't knit that other sock I'm socking well going to come up there and give you a dead leg.

Mrs Moog said...

Lovely goodies you've got there Locket - can't wait to see that bunting all made up!

I love that sock! Especially as I know you're already well on the way with its partner. Keep knitting Lucy :o)

xxx

Quinn said...

Knitting a second sock is the only sure way to prevent extreme fatigue. From all the hopping. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Ah, see, you're well loved Ms. Locket! Such pretty and fun gifties and very well deserved. Gorgeous socks too!!!

wonderwoman said...

gorgeous sock Lucy - all my fav colours - brilliant. What lovely pressies too.

xxxx

Jackie said...

Glad you managed to get something done, and I hope you improved daily. Anyway who needs tissues when you have a nice wooly sock to wipe your eyes with!

Kitty said...

That is one beautiful sock - if you can make something that lovely feeling like a pile of poo, then there's still a big dollop of 'bright and cheery Lucy' inside. Good luck with the other one, and the cowl. Love the stuff you received, and can't wait to see your Baxter! :) x

Wasabi Honey Bee said...

I just came across your blog, LOVE the socks : )

ladydi said...

I love love love your sock! What gorgeous colors - like the prettiest sunrise. Although I have now knit 9 1/3 socks I have never tried a beautiful pattern like you have made, I just knit the plainest of plain, counting on the yarn to give it a pattern. Was it difficult?