Friday 11 October 2013

Obsession

You know you are obsessed...........

  • when you are still sitting in bed knitting 20 minutes before you are due at work
  • when you persuade your lovely husband to give you a lift to work -  half a mile away - partly because you are late (because of the knitting in bed) but mostly so you can knit on the way there - for all of 3 minutes (because you know that it will all add up if you count the journey home at lunchtime and again at the end of the day)
  • when you plan to go to your favourite wool shop to buy duplicate needles as you HAVE to cast on yet another project NOW - and you fully intend to knit at least 4 things at once (not counting the dozens currently  hibernating in various places around the house)
  • when you refuse to do the weekly supermarket shop even though there is no food left in the house because that would be an hour and a half of knitting time wasted
  • when you find yourself knitting while standing in the queue for food at IKEA and really don't care if anyone thinks you are odd
  • when you make an improvised mitten blocker out of cardboard and cling film (inspired by this friend) because you are desperate to see if your stitches will improve
  • when your new sock wool arrives in the post at work and you ask your boss if you can just leave it on your desk so you can look at it while you type
I'm really enjoying knitting at the moment - can you tell?

8 comments:

Mrs Moog said...

Hee hee - Locket, I love this! I also identify with all of it!

Glad you are having so much fun with your knitting :)

Quinn said...

So funny...because it's all so true! I had a photocopied mitre square for Oliver's blanket on my bulletin board at work for ages. And I used to carry a sock-in-progress to work with me every day, even though I never - not once! - dared to knit on my lunch break, because I knew I Would Not Stop. ;)

Leanne said...

Ha ha ........ You could be obsessed with something much worse so keep it up.

Gina said...

Is that obsessive? I thought it was normal?

driftwood said...

so funny. I am resisting buying another circular needle at the moment, I want to start socks, but I really need to finish my shawl first.........

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

like Gina, I thought that was normal behaviour. Knitting in bed sounds very reasonable to me.

French Knots said...

All sounds perfectly normal to me ;)

I'm obsessed with embroidery at the moment, like you and your knitting I just can't get enough of it!

Thimbleanna said...

You're hysterical! And SO right on target!!! Have fun knitting. I'm considering sneaking my knitting under my desk. I'm trying to figure out if I just hold it down there and knit without looking -- how long can I knit before I mess it up???